Getting dressed or how you know I’m not a normal bride

So! The place is as decorated as it's going to be, and it's 12:30. We are supposed to be back at 2:00 for pictures, breathers etc. since the ceremony was to begin at 4:30.

Normally, this wouldn't be a problem. However, there was one bridesmaid, all the groomsmen, the groom... they were missing. Like literally, no-one-knew-where-they-were-missing. That's not what I was looking for at the time.

Fine. Take a breath. Move on. I gathered up the bridesmaids I had and headed over to my parents. Did I mention I forgot to feed them?

DON'T DO THAT!

First, it's just rude.

But, it also lead to people getting hungry (reasonably so, I'm not daft). Which lead to eating really, really quickly at my parents place before getting ready. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but remember that two needed showers. Plus hair, make up, dresses... Yeah.

Well, we made it upstairs and into the bathroom to begin the process.

Now, this is how you know I'm not a normal bride. Well, I'm sure other brides do this, but you don't hear of it.

I helped with hair and make up on one of my 'maids before doing my own. And might I say... she looked hot!





"Now, shake your head like this!"





We also don't believe in privacy.



While we were upstairs, Chet was downstairs with his groomsmen. I have no idea when they showed up, but they did, and they got ready. They were also at the venue way before we were too.
Cursed make up.



Once all the ladies looked like their glamorous selves, they went in and signed the bottom of my shoes. I loved it!



(Obviously)



Then, it was my turn. By the way, it's about 1:45 now. Whoops.



I chose to do my own make up and hair out of frugality.
I also wanted something simple. (I looked gorgeous, by the way!)



Close ups of the dress... Our poor photographer had hell with the dress. It's white, and all he had to work with was a white background, so there aren't really any great shots of the full dress -- until it's on me, duh!



I'm sure she had said something snarky here.



And into the dress I go.
"Shake your head" and "shower curtain" are credited to Lindsey Speights.
All other credit goes to Thomas Boydston

1 comment:

ashton said...

Love it.