We're here!

So, I"m here. I'm in the apartment, and it's lovely. The weather is beautiful, and the town is wonderful. Still nervous, but here we are.

Thought I would give you a peek into the journey and first night here. My advice is to begin at the bottom of the post and read up. I updated on twitter during the trip; I wanted to have something to remember it by. :)

______________________________________________________________

Thank God for eye masks and my own bed after three months
2:12 AM Aug 15th from txt

It's awesome, really. I went to go to bed, turned out all the lights and.... the light to the building is directly outside of my window. ARGGGGGH!

I'm such a dolt. All laptops are in Austin... Not Nebraska.
6:20 PM Aug 14th from txt

That was a lovely revelation. They were peacefully sitting next to the chair in my bedroom. Awesome. Chet is mailing me my small netbook to use until he gets up. Still a bit frustrated with myself.

@TxChetG i know where a Buffalo Wild Wings is
6:08 PM Aug 14th from txt

Oy vey... It's hot but the truck and Kia are all unloaded. Now, perhaps food? and definitely unpacking
5:44 PM Aug 14th from txt

We hadn't eaten since breakfast at 8 that morning.

I'm here!! I'm tired and hungry and a little bit worse for the wear but the apartment is wonderful
3:30 PM Aug 14th from txt

The apartment really is gorgeous. I'll post pictures eventually.

Twenty five miles!!!
1:46 PM Aug 14th from txt

Passing by Waco
1:34 PM Aug 14th from txt

This amused me to no end.

Lots and lots and lots and lots of corn fields. And gorgeous blue skies with white wispy clouds :)
1:03 PM Aug 14th from txt

Toto... I don't think we're in Kansas anymore. Nope! We're in Nebraska :)
12:41 PM Aug 14th from txt

We pulled over and took a picture under the Welcome to Nebraska!! sign. We thought that they would have a visitor's center since Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas did, but Nebraskans are apparently to good for that.

I am in Republic county after crossing Republican River. Wonder if they'll kick me out?
12:07 PM Aug 14th from txt

Kansas is pretty its own quiet midwestern way. Absolutely perfect to listen to the O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack.
11:40 AM Aug 14th from txt

Passing by Central Christian College, a place I seriously considered for undergrad.
10:28 AM Aug 14th from txt

You know you're in Kansas when they say 'Harvest the Good Life!'
10:10 AM Aug 14th from txt

Only an hour behind.
10:06 AM Aug 14th from txt

Good Morninggggggggg Kansas!
7:43 AM Aug 14th from txt

I need sleep...
10:15 PM Aug 13th from txt

Went to bed around 12:30

And we have arrived. The cat is settled in and we're searching for food. And oh so glad to be out of the car.
8:10 PM Aug 13th from txt

Only 16 more miles... Words cannot describe my feelings :)
7:14 PM Aug 13th from txt

Kansas is really really flat. Like woah flat.
6:44 PM Aug 13th from txt

We be in Kansas - 60 miles from our resting place
6:04 PM Aug 13th from txt

Oklahoma why must you make me so sleepy?
5:48 PM Aug 13th from txt

nom nom. Last Whatburger for 98 days.
4:19 PM Aug 13th from txt

@TxChetG amen dear sir.
3:37 PM Aug 13th from txt

He said something about bankers I think.

Sooner Spirit is alive and well in Oklahoma
3:30 PM Aug 13th from txt

via a billboard: Sooners, are you ready? Kick off in XX days

Should've gotten more sleep. . .
3:02 PM Aug 13th from txt

See, we brilliantly went to see Wicked the night before. I was up until 1 and woke up at 5:45. Not a lot of sleep.

Oklahoma is actually quite pretty
2:09 PM Aug 13th from txt

That was true, until we crossed through Oklahoma City.

I gots the monies! Yay for funding!
1:59 PM Aug 13th from txt

Amidst the drive, I received word that I would be given a position as a GA. It's not paying my tuition, but money is money.

And we're in Oklahoma. The Red River is dry :( peace out Texas for 98 days.
1:27 PM Aug 13th from txt

Apparently, DFW, the Dallas airport, is larger than Manhatten.
12:22 PM Aug 13th from txt

via a billboard we passed.

I will be a married woman in 100 days @TxChetG
10:25 AM Aug 13th from txt

It's just not a road trip without vomit
9:49 AM Aug 13th from txt

Cat puked. Stopped to get towels. Ugh.
9:33 AM Aug 13th from txt

Says it all.

Peace out 79 I won't be driving down you for a very long while
8:44 AM Aug 13th from txt

79, is obviously, the main road we drove down to get back to Huntsville. It will be a very long time before I travel down that again.

______________________________________________________________

So, that was the drive! Talk to y'all soon!

No comments: