What I Want

On Saturday… I graduated.

I am now an official alumna of Sam Houston State University. I’m going to miss it.

So, of course with graduating, we had parties all week long that we went too. And from each of these events, I took something away that I want for our shin-dig.

At all of these places, we realized how much we wanted to just relax. At these parties, it was achieved (and brilliantly, might I add!). At the Stardust Room it was cheap drinks and good friends to laugh with. At Doug’s graduation party, it was a picnic with his family and Chet’s family. Lots of wonderful DIY stuff that made it special. At mine, it was casual and lovely.

My parents (and Aunt and Charlotte) rented a lakehouse and decorated it in a beautiful way. When we walked in, there were candles and family waiting to surprise me.

And all of these atmospheres are what we want to accomplish… somehow.

Don’t know how, but we will.

For now, I am in Indiana with Jan, and we are working on my dress over the next two weeks. Yup, she is creating my wedding dress. I am just avoiding being stuck by pins and making her laugh so much she’s losing her voice. It’ll be a great vacation.

No comments: