Why hello there!

So, uh, hi!

I actually am very new to this whole blogging thing. My guy has been doing it for a while, but I never really have. I missed out with that livejournal, xanga etc. madness. So, here I am… learning.

Alright, enough apologies. As much as I claim to be an open minded individual who focuses on women’s rights and policies, I have always been that little girl who has dreamed about her wedding. And the white dress, and the string quartet at the ceremony and a swing band at the reception, and cutsey little favors, and the 4 dozen roses on every table, and a big 4 course-sit-down-dinner, and the friends and family and a magnormous cake and all around delciousness. It all just makes me so happy and giddy inside!

Now, I am engaged to the man of my fantasies [and reality] and the whole wedding part is coming true! However, my mind has changed on how I want my wedding, you know, since I’ve grown up a little. I still want all the deliciousness. However, while I may gawk and ooh and aah, meh, it’s more about love — and spending the day with my closest friends and family who will help us build a life together.

That, and I’m on a strict budget.

But, ya know, don’t sweat the small stuff, right?

Anyhow, this blog will be mostly about our progress on wedding plans, becuase I think it will be fun to write and then to look back on in a few years and think “ooh em gee, you were one crazy gurrrrrl”. However, I still want to imagine what the wedding would be like with the 4 dozen roses on each table

So anyway, here we go! And… that’s all!

No comments: