I got some good marriage advice yesterday while chatting with Ms. Judy.

I actually got a lot, but I really liked this tidbit:

  • When you have those moments that you can’t stand the other person, and it’s all you can do to just be in the room with them… just smile. Smile and think about the fact that you choose to be with this person. Smile and remind yourself that times like these come and go. Smile, because you love them and you don’t know how long you will get to be with them.

I love it. I think it is so terribly important through this wedding planning process, to remember that I love Chet. And that this is just a wedding.

It is just a wedding.

No matter the fights, the headaches, the joys or the sorrow, this is just a wedding.

The marriage is what we should focus on.

2 comments:

Ashton said...

This is my favorite part --> Smile, because you love them and you don’t know how long you will get to be with them.

I think that is truly important to remember... not only with you and Chet but with every relationship you have. Also, I like the new layout.

Megan said...

thats great advice! i kinda look at it like this-no matter how mad you are at the person you love... its like you would rather be sitting in the same room not looking at each other and fuming but still IN THE SAME room. than "happy as a lark" any where else. that happy anywhere is never as good as being in the same room with the person you love! even if you are mad at them :) hehehe